I’m still shaking my head at this one: Zoe got mail from PayPal telling her she’d won $50 in their Spring Fling competition, and as near as we can make out it wasn’t a phishing attempt.
Good signs include:
- The link from the mail is to https://www.paypal.com/, not some random IP address;
- IE verified the certificate; and
- Zoe subsequently logged into her PayPal account from a fresh browser and saw the $50.
On the other hand:
- There’s no mention of the competition anywhere on PayPal’s site; and
- There’s no result in Google.
Whilst I’m delighted that Zoe apparently won some cash, I’ve still got an odd itch between the shoulder blades…